Sydney isn’t Melbourne and Melbourne isn’t Sydney but for some reason, people like to compare the two. Either way, if you’re headed to Sydney in your motorhome hire, you’ll find that it has some very unique and very special things about it and we’re here to help you discover some of the best experiences to be had in this gorgeous and ever-so-popular Australian city.
Certainly a must-see for anyone visiting Australia or traveling around in a motorhome hire, Sydney is a hustling and bustling city that never gets boring, whether you’re from Australia or another country. It may not have the street art and very international vibe of Melbourne but it has some great things to boast of itself.
What do you do when you’re visiting a fabulous city for only three days? You try your best to do as much as possible, especially if said city has a plethora of fun experiences to be had. To help you plan your visit and make sure that you get to do everything that you should do while in Sydney, here are our favorite experiences and places to see while in the city:
- Hang out and surf at Bondi Beach. If something that you want to do while in Australia is surf, then Bondi Beach could be a great idea for you. As a top location for Sydney locals, you can enjoy the laidback Aussie vibe while also trying to catch some waves, whether by body-surfing or actual surfing. If you don’t really care for waves but always like a good tan, a few hours on the sandy beach should be enough for you to get your fill of Vitamin D.
- Visit Sydney Opera House. Many people simply pass the Sydney Opera House hoping to capture an iconic picture but if you have the time to kill why not actually do something at the Sydney Opera House? You can enjoy seeing a show, eating and drinking, or simply touring the building. Might as well be able to say that you’ve been to the Sydney Opera House and not just that you passed by it, don’t you think? It’s certainly a very Sydney experience to be had.
- Admire the Sydney Harbour Bridge. From afar the Sydney Harbour Bridge is an iconic one. Whether you want to capture it in pictures from a great vantage point or you want to actually ride a bicycle over it or walk across it, it should be on your list of places to see in Sydney, because it is “so Sydney.”
- Visit Museum of Sydney and the Museum of Contemporary Art. These museums are the perfect opportunity for you to get to see more about the local culture. In fact the Museum of Contemporary Art is home to some amazing pieces from Aborigine artists. These museums won’t cost you much to visit and will be worth your time, so why not check them out during your time in the city.
- Visit the Blue Mountains. As much as you love new cities you may be the type that loves nature in new places. So, if Sydney has you wanting some fresh air, why not head on over to the Blue Mountains? There you’ll discover some beautiful walking trails, the Jenolan Caves, great lodging opportunities, a botanic garden, and so much more.
- Check out the wines at Hunter Valley. While in Australia, you may as well try local wines. Hunter Valley is where you’ll be able to try some of the best wines in the country. Not only that, but the Hunter Valley Region actually ahs some really great places to visit, like Newcastle and Nelson Bay, so it’s worth making a day trip out there for a beautiful experience.
- Visit the Carriageworks Farmers Market. Want to buy a bite to eat before you set out on your things to do in the city? Go to Carriageworks Farmer’s Market, a favorite destination for breakfast fare and more. We won’t tell anyone if you decide to eat a little extra. Everyone does at this local Syndey market because it’s worth it.
As you can see, Sydney is where there is plenty to do and a lot of fun to be had. We know that 3 days may not be enough to do everything on our list but it’s enough to get you started so that next time you visit, you’ll be able to do even more.
Sydney is one of the most iconic cities in Australia, so if you’re hoping to visit a place that is worth it, this city certainly is. As you consider things to do and check out the motorhome hire that you’ll use, make a list of the things that you enjoy most about new cities and then focus on doing those experiences when you visit Sydney. There is plenty to do. You won’t get bored.