If you’re headed to Melbourne in your campervan hire for a few days, do you know what you’ll be doing in the city? If it’s your first time, you may be unsure of what type of activities you should do or what the best places to visit are.
First of all, there is no way that you’ll be bored in Melbourne. Whether you stay in a campground in your campervan hire or book a hotel right smack in the middle of the city, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to enjoy yourself in Melbourne.
Melbourne is a favorite destination in Australia and understandably so. If you only have a few days to enjoy the city, you may be wondering how you can get to see and enjoy the best things of being here. To help you plan your activities, we’ve compiled some of the best things to do in Melbourne when you only have a few days to spare:
- Yarra Valley is an ideal spot to check out if you are about wine tasting. Near the city, it’s easy to take a day trip to enjoy visiting not only the vineyards in the area but also admire the beautiful landscape in the area. Also, who doesn’t love wine tasting in new places? The Yarra Valley is the region where some of the best wines are made in Australia, so why not try out some wine tastings while in the Melbourne area?
- Check out the Flinders Street Railway Station. If you’re an Instagram fanatic, this is a great spot for your photo op. You can be sure that the yellow façade of the train station opened in the early 1900’s is going to look amazing on your social media feed.
- If you’re a beach lover, you’re going to want to check out St. Kilda Beach where you can not only enjoy swimming but also a variety of fun water activities. If you’re not in the mood for going in the water or the weather isn’t the best, why not enjoy a leisurely stroll along the boardwalk instead?
- Check out the museums in the city. Melbourne has many iconic museums, from the Melbourne Museum to the National Gallery of Victoria. You can be sure that you’ll admire the collections of Australian art and history exhibits.
- If you really want to get to know more about Australian wildlife, you’ll want to visit the Healesville Sanctuary, where you’ll find all kinds of local animals to admire. It also has a local area for kids to enjoy a closer glimpse of these amazing animals. It’s a positive experience and not a place where animals are harmed, so check it out if you want to have a glimpse of koalas and other native animals.
- Go shopping at the South Melbourne Market. There, you’ll find everything you’ll need for your meals while in the city. From fresh produce to seafood and meat, as well as cafes offering great eats, it’s a fun food market for tourists and locals alike. While you may not be traveling on a budget, saving money by shopping for your meals is always a good idea.
- Relax at Albert Park and Lake. If you want to capture some shots of the city skyline, head on over to Albert Park. It’s a great spot for simply chilling and where you can enjoy a picnic and fresh weather while admiring the city views.
- You’ll love the street art. Trust us when we say that if you’re a fan of any street art at all, you’ll absolutely love the abundance of street art in Melbourne. It’s kind of a thing. You can either take a street art tour with a guide or simply explore the city on your own. Either way, you can be sure that when it comes to talent, there is plenty in Melbourne.
It’s hard to simply pick one or two things to do in Melbourne. It’s one of the most vibrant cities in the country and even in the world. For us, 3 days just doesn’t seem like enough but the activities above will help you to have an idea of what you can enjoy while visiting Melbourne.
From the bars to the cafes, restaurants, and parks, the vibe in Melbourne is one of enjoying life. So, if you want to see why everyone, including those who live in Melbourne love this city, you’ll have to go out and explore it for yourself.
If you’re ready to see why everyone loves Melbourne, pack up your campervan hire and plan your visit. There is so much to do, three days isn’t even enough to truly take advantage of this city but if that’s all you have, make sure to include a few of the above-mentioned activities on your list of things-to-do.